Sunday, August 04, 2013

Positivity... and a question?

I haven't always been the most positive person.  And I'll admit that.

I easily get bogged down into the pit that is self ruminating.  And once you're there sometimes its hard to just pull yourself out.  That little dark corner becomes comfortable and being positive actually becomes hard.

But thats not the be all to end all.

To me, true positivity comes from within and a wonderful way to tap into that way of thinking is by being thankful.

When you have a thankful heart, you are a naturally more positive person.  And a positive person is a happy person!  And a happy person is less prone to succumbing to those negative thinking patterns.  

It's a win-win-win. Yay!


I have been keeping a thankful journal for a while and it has made a world of a difference.  It felt a little silly at first, writing down that I was thankful for my home, my family, etc.  But once I got deeper into it, the daily reminder began to feel restorative.  

It's that little change a day.  That 10 minutes a day that is radically different than the same 10 minutes the day before.  And any positive change, be it only 10 minutes, is progress.

So, what I have been wanting to do is start up a thankful journal type link up.  I want to have a visual journal of things I am thankful for and I'd love to see what everyone else is thankful for too!

I'm thinking of a weekly link up of things that we've been thankful for that week, with pictures. 

Would anyone be interested?

If so, let me know in the comments!

Image via 

A Girl Smitten: Twitter A Girl Smitten: Facebook A Girl Smitten: Instagram A Girl Smitten: Bloglovin A Girl Smitten: Pinterest Image Map   

6 comments:

  1. Vaida Tamošauskaitė7:43 AM, August 04, 2013

    oh! such a great post! so true! I'm definitely in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful idea! I would love to be apart of it! Ironically I've been toying with the idea of starting a link up that is on the same idea as being thankful. I'm so glad I decided to sit and go through my daily reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful idea. I actually am starting to post things that made me happy during the week at the end of my friday posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. KateAdam Florken7:39 PM, August 04, 2013

    This is an awesome idea! Our blog is brand spanking new and I love the idea of using it to count our blessing each week! Count me in!!


    -Kate
    www.theflorkens.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would totally be interested! I am right there with you about not always being positive, and looking at life as the cup half empty. However, I know that I am extremely blessed. I would love to link up with you!

    ReplyDelete