Friday, May 31, 2013

A Little Healthier Eating

Hello guys :)  Today I come to you with a little healthy eating post.  This has become more and more important to me in the past year or so because I have realized that it is all up to me.  I'm not living at home and there is no one making me my dinners at night, except myself.  I could eat fast food everyday.  I could do that so easily because I do love food.  But I have become more and more aware of how I feel in relation to what I eat.  And this is actually fun for me.

You're all probably like, yes, duh.  I know I know.  It's not a huge revelation or anything but it's become something that I like to think about and stuff, so I thought I'd share.  

Here are some little changes that I like to make day to day.

  • When baking a cake or brownies I like to substitute apple sauce for the oil.  It cuts way down on the calories and you can't even tell, taste wise.
  • Quinoa tortillas.  Oh my!  If you haven't had these then you should definitely give them a try.  
  • When I have a sweet tooth, I eat watermelon.  I don't know what watermelon has that grapes and strawberries don't, but it really stomps out my sweets craving.
  • Instead of eating my sandwich on bread, I put all my meat, vegetables, and dressing in a pita.
  • Stevia in my coffee
  • Using bananas to make pancakes (also super yummy as waffles.)
What do you use day to day to eat a little healthier?



A Girl Smitten: Twitter A Girl Smitten: Facebook A Girl Smitten: Instagram A Girl Smitten: Bloglovin A Girl Smitten: Pinterest Image Map   

No comments:

Post a Comment