Hello guys :) Today I come to you with a little healthy eating post. This has become more and more important to me in the past year or so because I have realized that it is all up to me. I'm not living at home and there is no one making me my dinners at night, except myself. I could eat fast food everyday. I could do that so easily because I do love food. But I have become more and more aware of how I feel in relation to what I eat. And this is actually fun for me.
You're all probably like, yes, duh. I know I know. It's not a huge revelation or anything but it's become something that I like to think about and stuff, so I thought I'd share.
Here are some little changes that I like to make day to day.
- When baking a cake or brownies I like to substitute apple sauce for the oil. It cuts way down on the calories and you can't even tell, taste wise.
- Quinoa tortillas. Oh my! If you haven't had these then you should definitely give them a try.
- When I have a sweet tooth, I eat watermelon. I don't know what watermelon has that grapes and strawberries don't, but it really stomps out my sweets craving.
- Instead of eating my sandwich on bread, I put all my meat, vegetables, and dressing in a pita.
- Stevia in my coffee
- Using bananas to make pancakes (also super yummy as waffles.)
What do you use day to day to eat a little healthier?