Thursday, January 31, 2013

Here's to You, Flu


I’m sorry for being expectantly absent.  It seems the flu bug bit and rendered me unfit to blog, or even communicate with people for that matter.  Unless of course you wanted to hear me rattle on about my weird dreams or experience my complete lack of hygiene.  If that’s what you came here looking for, then I’m your girl.  If not, that’s cool too, we’re still friends.  And honestly, that’s probably why we are still friends.  Yay for us.

Since we’ve got that all ironed out, you can expect me to be back in high spirits tomorrow… just in time for the weekend.  Come to think of it, I’d like to thank this particular flu for finding me.  You’re not just any ole flu, no.  You’re cool, and you’re down with how I roll.  You took me out during the workweek, which was inconvenient, sure, but no one said being with you was easy.  Like the considerate virus you are, you dropped me off on Thursday afternoon, feeling better for the weekend.  So here’s to you, if I had to get the flu, I’m glad it was you.


image via

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, I can absolutely relate to everything you wrote here: I've spent this past week in bed with the flu (maybe mine and yours are cousins?), and I couldn't do anything but sleep, watch TV and gorge myself with meds. Glamorous, I know :) (oh, and let's skip the hygiene issue altogether, shall we?). I hope you'll feel better soon!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    xx Ivana

    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, yes, maybe they are cousins. Clearly they have similar manners. And yes, no hygiene talk, my lips are sealed :) Thank you for your lovely comment!

      Sarah

      Delete
  2. Oh boy--the flu is rough! Just followed your blog after clicking over from Life on Leroy. Hope you are feeling back at 100% soon!

    -Mary
    thesauerpatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay, I'm glad! I am feeling much, much better, thank you :)

      Delete
  3. I hope the flu-bug is gone now!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it definitely is, I am feeling much better! Thank you thank you :)

      Delete