Monday, July 22, 2013

The Weekend

Hey guys!  I hope you had a marvelous weekend!  So I had a post planned for Friday but it didn't get finished and therefore there was no  post.... buuuuut, if there had been a post then you would have noticed how excited I was that this was the first weekend in over 4 years that I wasn't slave to the dreaded retail job.  It was a breath of fresh air!  So ya know, I was off having a typical weekend but it felt like such a gift.

Friday was all things blog.  I organized everything and I mean everything!  I also have lots of respect for you ladies that are managing your blog and working full time.  This feels like a full time job to me and I am not even doing that much.  Gahh, I'm in awe.

My buddies at work threw me and my manager (who's also leaving, imagine that!) a going away "party."  We each got a gargantuan cookie cake and there was a slushy machine.  It was rad.

So, after a week of being out of work, I can safely say I made the right decision.  I will definitely miss the people.  I mean, I saw these people 5 days a week, some for four years!  Sure, I will miss them.  I won't, however, miss working 10 hour shifts to all hours of the night.  I won't miss working every. single. weekend.  Nope!  I also won't miss crazy rude people.  I seriously wonder about society sometimes.  I don't know how many times I would get called like, "Hey, you! Hey, store girl! I need some help over here!" Aye yi yi.

So, we all ate copious amounts of cookie cake (with all that icing because, why not!) and toasted to our freedom with pina colada slushies.  I'd call it a win.

Sunday, however, I woke up with a headache.  I declared it a sugar hangover and I went back to sleep.  When I woke up again N was by the bed.  I recounted for him my headache saga of the day and he asked questions:

"Did you take some medicine?" 
"Yep"

"Did you eat something?"
"Yah"

"Did you drink some water?"
Yes."

"Did you drink some caffeine?"
"Of course."

"well, did you kiss your boyfriend?"
"That'll help?"
"Oh yeah, it'll help."

It actually didn't, in case you were wondering ;) but it was sweet, nonetheless.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so fun! And as for your boyfriend, oh my, how adorable!

    ReplyDelete