Thursday, March 15, 2012

Love Letter: Volume 1

Sometimes the things that you do just make me melt.

Like you coming in this morning and telling me, 'Happy one year and four months anniversary.' And you do this every month because every month matters to you and that is just one of the many reasons why I love you.

I was thinking back on the circumstances of how we met and how we came to know each other and how much I believe that it had to do with fate. I didn't always believe in fate but then again I didn't have a reason to.

People ask me how I ended up going to Texas Tech and when I think back I actually don't know. I don't remember why I applied or how the shy, timid me summoned the courage to move 6 hours away from home to a city in which I knew hardly anyone. I don't know why, out of the dozen or so places that I applied, Academy was the only job prospect that called me back. And I don't know why I actually took a job at a sports store when I really don't care much for sports at all.

I can't explain why you happened to be the person who trained me or how a year later we were single at the same time. Or how one night after work I waited for you and we discovered our mutual love for The Prestige. Then you texted me later that night and I felt like I was in high school, complete with butterflies. I was excited. Then we sent texts back and forth all night and I learned how you loved books and poetry, and how you weren't like all the other guys.

Through hiding our relationship at work, movies nights, make out sessions, and great conversation we fell in love. And then I knew. I knew why I loved you, how we got here, why you texted me, why I took the job and why I ended up in good old Lubbock. Fate. Sometimes something so great can't be explained or reasoned or understood - it just is. And I'm thankful to fate for bringing me to you.

You're the voice of reason to my impulsiveness and the the one my heart needs and though it took time and some turns we ended up together and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment