Friday, March 30, 2012

It's a Wonderful Life

So I have never had Instagram before today. And I must say, it is freaking awesome.  I am so behind the times, and I realize that now. Needless to say, today was an exciting day for me. I may have gone a little overboard in "instagraming" the photos on my iPhone but what I found was just what I needed: a dose of gratitude for this life that I don't always appreciate.


Our Babies The Most Delicious Thursday Morning Tradition
My Baby Ellie
River. Walk. Homemade PopTarts
What Would I Do Without My Dad! Late Night Whataburger run
A McKinney Coffee/Kolache Shop Where I Slave Away at in Class
Max decked out in Christmas Spirit (or socks) A brand new max on his First Road Trip
Please try a Cranberry Martini from Cafe J.

It's a life of precious puppies that (almost always) adore each other, of hole-in-the-wall burrito shacks that make oh so delicious breakfasts (and the owner calls me Alicia, every thursday), and of my Dad who makes amazing desserts and always makes me feel loved.  It's a life where I can make homemade pop-tarts that taste pretty darn good or hop in the truck with Max and Nick and hit up Whataburger for late night munchies.  It's a life of fruity martinis, strolls around the river walk, beautiful school buildings, and festive pets!  And lets be honest, a good hair day is cause for celebration.

It's a life that I share with a boy who not only made sure I got to go to Bloom while on vacation but made my birthday extra special by surprising me in the middle of a coffee shop with a dress from said store.  

Maybe there are time when things seem hard and boring and monotonous but when I take a step back and look at it, I am pretty dang lucky.  And even though I sometimes have to remind myself, I am glad, everyday, that I have this life to lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment