Thursday, May 08, 2014

Spring Wardrobe Favorites


Hey everyone!  I hope that your week is going well! For some reason this week has been dragging for me.  But hey, it's Thursday and we're almost done ;)

I have been doing my best to not buy new clothes and really learn to work with what I have.  I have been on a crazy cleaning out spree lately and I realized that after pulling out over half of the things in my closet, I didn't miss any of it.  Meaning I wasn't even wearing half of what was in my closet!  This irks me on a personal level just because I like to have a use for everything.  Literally all of it.  If it does't serve a purpose I don't like to keep it.  For some reason I have been overlooking my closet for years but I am finally whipping it into shape.

I came to realize that I have a few things in my closet that I keep wearing over and over again.  And then over again.  My "former" closet was made up of mostly cheap, less than great quality clothing.  I have been a shameless Forever 21 shopper for a long while now but when I was cleaning those clothes were the first to go.  The ones that I stuck with were generally the ones that I invested in (just a little bit).  And honestly, it was probably more like I stalked J. Crew for weeks waiting until it went on sale but hey, quality is quality.

Anyway, I'm a little longwinded today but in short… I've picked out a few of my most worn items, those ones that never actually make it into the closet, ya know those sorts.  These babies have stood the test of time and will continue to be on heavy rotation in my closet.


Spring Favorites






What do you think?  What is one of your favorite clothing items?

5 comments:

  1. I don't remember the last time I shopped at Forever 21. I love J.Crew, especially their sale section. You're right - quality is quality. :) I'm loving the green jacket and the stud earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that coat, the clutch and the leopard print shoes! They are super cute! I agree that Forever 21 things are the first things that I tend to get rid of when I purge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleaning out the closet feels amazing! I did mine just last month. :) I'm notorious for throwing things away, so why should my closet be any different? I think my favorite closing items are jeans. The kind that fit you just right. Those never go out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this outfit! I want those leopard print shoes in my life, like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete