Monday, March 10, 2014

Weekly Wishes


Happy Monday everyone!  I don't know what it is but I woke up this morning all ready to start the week… how often does that actually happen?  Maybe it's due to a relaxing weekend?  Regardless, I'm glad and I hope that this motivation keeps going strong this week!

Last week I wanted to take things slower, get more sleep, eat clean, and work on some spring cleaning. I'm excited to say (and this may be a weekly wishes first for me) that I all of it!

This past week I slowed down.  I turned off my computer at a reasonable hour and tried my best to ignore that "there's still so much stuff to do!" feeling.  As the week went on that feeling lessened little by little and now I feel so much less "over-stimulated."  As a result of that I went to bed earlier and slept much better.  I also ate cleaner than I have been.  I didn't go completely clean the whole time but I made a conscious effort to look at the ingredients in the things that I was buying and sticking to good food without all the preservatives and chemicals.

Spring cleaning was also good.  I cleaned out my closet yet again!  I have been doing some much needed shopping… I know, I know, how often is shopping really needed?  My plan is to kind of re-do my wardrobe.  I have a ton of clothes that just don't fit with my lifestyle anymore and I am looking to update it and make it more me.

So, this my goals are to…
  1. Work out every week day.  This past week I confronted an insecurity I have about going to a real gym.  I don't know what it is but I've just been intimidated by gyms ever since I've been out of school.  I went to one this week and I loved how much better of a workout I got! Besides, Friends comes on TBS right after I get off of work so if I go to the gym at that time, I can watch it and work out.  Win win.
  2. List my cleaned out clothes on poshmark.  Like I said, I have been trying to re-vamp my wardrobe and I have actually bought a few things from people on poshmark and I've been pretty happy with it!  Next step is to actually start selling some of my stuff and hopefully make a little moola to put towards new additions.
  3. Book a weekend trip for Nick and I.  We are both wanting a little get away so this week I'm hoping to do some research and plan a little surprise weekend trip. 
What are your goals this week?

2 comments:

  1. I'm planning out a weekend trip this month too! We are desperately due for a little getaway and though we can't take off work it'll be nice to just have a little time to ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all such great goals! Thanks for the poshmark website reminder, I've got a bunch of stuff I want to unload. I hope you find something amazing for the weekend getaway. We're in need of one too, especially after this crazy winter we've had. Good luck this week ;)

    ReplyDelete