Thursday, September 19, 2013

Guest Post: 7 Confessions by Cece

Hey everyone!  I hope you are having a wonderful week!  Today I'm turning over my blog to one of my lovely sponsors, Cece!  And here she is...


Instead of writing a guest post to try to convince you of how perfect and beautiful my life is I have decided to make some confessions instead.  What better way to get to know someone then to find out their deepest darkest secrets? Okay, so these aren't exactly my deepest darkest secrets but I still think they say a little bit about who I am.  Let's start there and then if you decide to check out my blog you can find out how perfect I really am later.

I confess that I have had 2 speeding tickets and 1 red light ticket.  Yep.  It happened and it really sucked but that was all over three years ago.  I have learned my lesson and now I drive like grandma.

I confess that I get annoyed with myself for feeling guilty about taking a nap in the middle of the day or lazing about the house all weekend.  Why should I feel guilty for relaxing?  I spend 5 days 50 hours a week including lunch hour dedicated to work.  Why can't the other 2 days and 48 hours be all mine for whatever I want even if whatever I want is NOTHING?

I confess that I got a little depressed when I read above confession.  My 5 day work week equals about the same amount of hours as my 2 day weekend but it sure doesn't feel like it.  That 5 days feels like forever and those 2 days are gone within the blink of an eye.

I confess that I hate Captcha and when I see it pop up in a comment box sometimes I give up up and don't comment.  Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for deciphering code.  It's one thing to make us type letters into a box to ward off auto bot spammers but why do they have to try to confuse us too?  Do they WANT us to fail?  Why not just make the letters legible so I don't have to try five times just to get two words I can actually read.

I confess that I felt like quite the underachiever after reading an amazing story.  It was about a girl who grew up with mentally ill parents in a storage unit and taught herself to read in a public library because she wasn't allowed to go to school.  She's written a book and currently makes a six figure salary as a writer.  I grew up in a house with two loving parents.  I went to school.  College even.  What's my excuse?  If you want to check out the story you can find it here at MarieClaire.com.

I confess that sometimes I seriously can't believe that I have such an awesome husband.  I'm just not that girl that usually gets what she wants but when it came to him I hit the jackpot.  I have beautiful, great, successful friends who are either in not so good relationships or single and looking.  Why me and not them?  Sometimes I still can't figure out how I got so lucky.

I confess that I love it when friends or co workers come to me for money handling advice.  I've lived a fiscally responsible life since I was a teenager, got my first job and started saving money.  I didn't make a lot of the money mistakes that a lot of people do and although my shopping habit seems to be blooming lately I don't abuse credit, I know my budget, I stick to it, I feed my savings every month and people know this about me.  Not that it happens a lot or anything but it feels good when it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment