Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Getaway: A Post and A Guest Post

Hey everyone!  Today I'm guest posting for my friend and all around lovely lady, Taylor over at Live and Move!  Right now she's in the middle of a month long adventure in South Africa!  So me and a couple other ladies are holding down the fort and bringing ya some getaway themed posts.  If you haven't met Taylor, I'd highly suggest popping over and taking a look around her blog, she is truly a breath of fresh air!  And she let me guest post, which is pretty awesome, I'd say.

Anyway, I already wrote a getaway guest post for her but this theme has been bouncing around in my head the past few weeks.  This is a little bit related to yesterdays post in that I am wanting to spend some time just getting away. And spend some time figuring out how to take my 24 year olds budget and stretch it to fit. Adventures, adventures.

So, I thought I'd share some of the places that I most would like to go.

Im going to go ahead and skip a few blatantly obvious choices: London, Paris, Tokyo.  And let me be honest, I'd go nearly anywhere, but these are some of my most wanted adventures:



The Cologne Cathedral in Germany.  This is beautiful but I'd love to go anywhere in Germany.  My dad's side of the family hails from here and getting to see, especially with him, would be a dream come true.

Stradford-Upon-Avon, in the UK.  This is the place where Shakespeare was born.  Okay, I know it sounds cliche but its so inspiring to go to a place where someone that was so great was born. It makes them seem that much more real.


Prague!  This is my number one place of wanderlust.  My biggest regret to date is that I did not study abroad here (or anywhere).  It sounds amazing!  Its the birthplace of Franz Kafka, it has that castle, it has beautiful lighting, and alllll that beautiful architecture: romanesque,  baroque, gothic. Oh my.  

The Long Room of the Trinity Library in Dublin Ireland.  I think my heart would start beating faster in a place like this.  I love books and I love libraries.  And I'd like to be an international nerd.


I would love to go anywhere in Thailand, especially if its nature related.  Of all the many pictures I've looked through when planning travels in my head, Thailand constantly pulls at me!  I could get lost in there.  And the best part is that it would be just a bit terrifying..  but exhilarating.

Sevilla, Spain.  I am determined to go here for a few reasons.  I need to road test my spanish, it has been a while since I have used it!  I was never really fluent but I could definitely get myself around and I think a bit of time spent here would do my language wonders.  Also, my university has a center here that you can study at while still remaining in their systems, which makes traveling while keeping up with school super easy.  Its also nice to be able to see some familiar faces.


and to mention a few more... Washington DC (this girl has never seen the capitol!), Bali, China (especially the great wall), and every other city ever.

The end.

PS. Check out my beach getaway essentials here!


A Girl Smitten: Twitter A Girl Smitten: Facebook A Girl Smitten: Instagram A Girl Smitten: Bloglovin A Girl Smitten: Pinterest Image Map   

No comments:

Post a Comment