Monday, June 10, 2013

DIY Art: Part 1

So when I set out to decorate my new place I was on a pesky little thing called a budget.  Budgets are inconvenient, I've found, but necessary if you enjoy shopping, as I do.  So when I started thinking along the lines of what I was going to put on my walls I decided to do this: DIY!

I use the term DIY loosely as some of my "DIYs" are simply printables... but hey, I worked hard to find those printables, so A for effort, I'd give myself that. And this part one is about the printable variety... so thats it.  (We get crafty in part 2!)

I scrolled through pinterest, a lot.  And I found that I was really into a few specific things: botanicals and chalkboards.  So, thats where I started!

So, for those of you that asked about the pictures on gallery wall, here are the answers...


I used these above and a few more found at the three sites below.  I printed them out on vintage style paper that I found at office depot and stuck them in one of my ikea frames and it looks perfect.

1  2  3 (found via)

I also love chalkboard style prints, don't you?  I mean, I love the real thing as well but these are pretty snazzy too.  I used the middle one in my kitchen gallery wall and have plans for the others in my office.


1  2  3 


And lastly, I have a little printable that I made in Photoshop.  I love the saying 'You Are My Favorite' but couldn't find a pre made one that I just loved.  This one is simple but it fit perfectly in my gallery wall.  It is made for a 5x7 frame.  If you'd like to use it, just right click and open in a new tab to view the full size and save it there!







No comments:

Post a Comment